MAINTENANCE MAINTENANCE TIPS
- Do not keep the engine at full throttle during engine cranking. Keep the engine idling till the oil pressure builds up.
- Don't allow the engine to be idle for long periods.
- Don't come down the gradient in top gear. Always change into a lower gear.
- Don't run the vehicle without a battery in its electrical circuit, as the life of alternator will be reduced.
- Do not mask head lamp lens (top 1/3 or top 1/2 portions) with black paint. If done, this will reduce head lamp light intensity.
- Don't use any other than approved brands/grades of fuels and lubricants.
- Don't tamper with any adjustment made by Tata Motors dealerships and workshops.
- Don't try to repair any part of the engine when it is running.
- Don't attempt to start the engine unless the fault detected is rectified.
- Do not overfill engine oil in sump. This may cause engine smoking and high engine oil consumption.
- Do not clean exposed painted surface or wind screen with petroleum products, such as diesel, kerosene and petrol.
- Don't fit bigger size tyres. Do not over or under inflate tyres. This reduces tyre life.
- Do not flash the alternator leads to check for current flow.
- Don't mix two brands of lubricants.
- Don't open the radiator cap when engine is hot.